Table 7.1 summarizes the elements necessary for defining a TB case.
Table 7.1 - Patient registration by outcome of most recent TB treatment2
Registration groups based on treatment history
- PTB or EPTB? If EPTB, indicate site.
- Bacteriologically confirmed or non-confirmed TB case?
- Sub-category of bacteriological status:
- Smear positive/negative/not done
- Culture positive/negative/not done
- Molecular test positive/negative/not done
- If previously treated:
- Document last regimen received
- History of second-line drug use
- DST pattern: susceptible to H and R, confirmed H resistance and R susceptible, RR-TB, MDR-TB or XDR-TB
- HIV status (negative/positive/not done)
- Other co-morbidities?