The investigation enables to analyse the initial actions taken.
– Availability and correct use of the case definition, the registers and the data collection forms
– Regular forwarding of the data and weekly analysis
– Means available for laboratory confirmation: sample collection equipment, laboratory capacity, forwarding to a reference laboratory
3.5.2 Outbreak management committee
– Composition, theoretical and actual operating mode, reactivation
– Was the outbreak officially declared?
3.5.3 Patient management
– Availability of, and prescriber adherence to, protocols
– Stock of drugs and medical supplies, orders in progress, procurement strategy (current and anticipated)
– Care conditions, referral arrangements (circuit and conditions)
– Access to care: financial, geographical, around-the-clock, for everyone (excluded groups?), etc.
– Stock of vaccines and vaccination supplies (quantity, strain and expiry date), orders in progress, vaccination strategy (current and anticipated)
– Precise cold chain inventory (existing and available equipment, by type)
– Availability of experienced, trained vaccination teams