|– No danger signs (Section 10.3.1).
– Appropriate management of neonatal infection (Section 10.3.3 and Section 10.4) and risk factors for neonatal infection (Section 10.1.1, Assessment for risk factors for neonatal infection).
– Healthy neonate: good breastfeeding on demand, normal respiration and temperature, etc.
– Weight > 1500 g.
|– Preventive treatments and BCG, hepatitis B and polio (0) vaccines administered (Section 10.1.1).
– Clinical record filled out (including discharge weight).
– Postnatal visit appointment (Chapter 11, Section 11.3) given.
– Single use 3 g sachets of 7.1% chlorhexidine digluconate given to complete 7 days of cord care at home in settings with harmful practices (e.g. application of milk, soil, honey, butter, dung on the cord stump). Show the mother how to apply the product on the cord.
Information for the mother
– Breastfeeding: Appendix 3.