On this page
Last updated: November 2023
- Carefully read the labels on the infusion bottle to avoid mistakes.
- Indicate on the label any drugs added to the infusion as well as the patient’s name and/or bed number.
- If drugs are added to the intravenous fluid, think of the risks of:
- physical and chemical incompatibilities,
- microbial contamination: aseptic technique.
- Examine each bottle against the light to check clearness. Discard any bottles that show particles in suspension or cloudiness.