On this page
- Analgesic, antipyretic
- Pain, fever
Forms and strengths, route of administration
- 1 g in 2 ml ampoule (500 mg/ml) for IM, SC or slow IV injection or infusion
- Adult: 500 mg every 8 hours if necessary
- As short as possible.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
- May cause:
- severe agranulocytosis, potentially fatal, regardless of dose or duration of treatment;
- allergic reactions, anaphylactic shock.
- Pregnancy: CONTRA-INDICATED
- Breast-feeding: CONTRA-INDICATED
- Metamizole is not included in the WHO list of essential medicines.
Below 25 °C