– Analgesic, antipyretic
– Pain, fever
Forms and strengths, route of administration
– 1 g in 2 ml ampoule (500 mg/ml) for IM, SC or slow IV injection or infusion
– Adult: 500 mg every 8 hours if necessary
– As short as possible.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
– May cause:
• severe agranulocytosis, potentially fatal, regardless of dose or duration of treatment;
• allergic reactions, anaphylactic shock.
– Pregnancy: CONTRA-INDICATED
– Breast-feeding: CONTRA-INDICATED
– Metamizole is not included in the WHO list of essential medicines.
– Storage: below 25 °C