On this page
- Antiviral, antimitotic, cytolytic agent active against human papillomaviruses (HPVs)
- External genital warts, perianal warts and vaginal warts
Forms and strengths
- 0.5% solution or gel, with applicator tips
- One application to warts 2 times daily
- For vaginal warts, allow to dry before removing the speculum.
- 3 consecutive days per week, for a maximum of 4 weeks
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
- Do not use to treat genital warts in children.
- Do not apply to warts > 3 cm.
- Do not apply to cervical, urethral, anorectal or oral warts.
- Do not apply to healthy skin.
- May cause local reactions: erythema, ulceration, pain in area where applied.
- Use a new applicator tip for each application.
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact flush immediately with plenty of water.
- Pregnancy: CONTRA-INDICATED
- Breast-feeding: CONTRA-INDICATED
- When treatment is contra-indicated or has failed after 4 weeks, change treatment method (cryosurgery, electrosurgery, surgical removal).
– Below 25 °C