On this page
- Fluoroquinolone antibacterial
- Acute otitis externa
- Chronic suppurative otitis media
Forms and strengths
- 0.3% ear drops
- Child ≥ 1 year: 3 drops 2 times daily
- Adult: 4 drops 2 times daily
To administer drops in the affected ear(s), pull back the auricle and maintain the head to one side for a few minutes.
- Acute otitis externa: 7 days
- Chronic suppurative otitis media: until no more drainage is obtained (approximately 2 weeks, max.4 weeks)
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
- May cause: headache, local skin eruption or pruritus.
- Pregnancy: no contra-indication
- Breast-feeding: no contra-indication
- Do not touch let the dropper touch either hands or the ear.
Below 25 °C
Once the bottle has been opened, solution keeps for 4 weeks.