On this page
- Pediculicide by physical mode of action
- Head pediculosis (lice)
Forms and strengths
- 4% lotion
- Child 6 months and over and adult: apply lotion to scalp and entire length of the hair shaft, paying particular attention to the areas behind the ears and around the nape of the neck. Leave on hair for 8 hours (e.g. overnight), then rinse throughly with water.
- Repeat the application after 7 days.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
- May cause: scalp and eye irritation.
- Keep away from flames and/or heat sources during application and until rinsing (risk of ignition).
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact, flush immediately with plenty of water.
- Pregnancy: no contra-indication
- Breast-feeding: no contra-indication
- Examine everyone in contact with a patient and only treat those with live lice and/or live nits. Preventive treatment of noninfected persons is ineffective.
- Wash combs and decontaminate headwear, bedding: wash ≥ 60 °C, iron or dry in the sun or, if not feasible, seal in a plastic bag for 2 weeks.
– Below 25 °C