– Antisepsis of noma mouth ulcers
Forms and strengths
– 0.2% mouthwash solution of chlorhexidine digluconate, ready to use
– Child: one application 4 to 6 times daily to oral mucosa, using a clean gauze swab wrapped around a tongue depressor
– According to clinical response
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
– Do not swallow.
– Do not bring into contact with eyes (risk of corneal damage), middle ear (risk of deafness if ear drum is perforated).
– May cause: reversible brown discoloration of the tongue and teeth, taste disturbances; rarely allergic reactions.
– Storage: below 25 °C -
Once open, the mouthwash solution keeps for 4 weeks maximum.