– Localized non bullous impetigo (less than 5 lesions in a single area)
Forms and strengths
– 2% ointment, tube
Dosage and duration
– Child and adult: one application 3 times daily, to clean and dry skin, for 7 days
The patient should be reassessed after 3 days. If there is no response, switch to oral antibiotic therapy.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
– May cause: pruritus and burning sensation; allergic reactions.
– If applying to the face, avoid contact with eyes.
– Pregnancy: no contra-indication
– Breast-feeding: no contra-indication. Do not apply to the breasts.
– Do not mix with other ointments (effect of mupirocin decreased).
– Avoid touching the lesions; keep them covered with gauze if possible.
– Storage: below 25 °C -