– Skin protector
– Dermatosis of kwashiorkor
– Nappy rash
– First-degree burns
– Protection of healthy skin when caustic products such as podophyllum resin or podophyllotoxin are to be applied
Forms and strengths
– 10% zinc oxide ointment, tube or jar
– Child and adult: one application 1 to 3 times daily
– According to clinical response
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
– Clean the skin before applying the ointment.
– Do not apply to exudative and/or superinfected lesions.
– Pregnancy: no contra-indication
– Breast-feeding: no contra-indication. Do not apply to the breasts.
– Storage: below 25 °C -
Once the ointment has been exposed to a high temperature the active ingredients are no longer evenly distributed: the ointment must be homogenized before using.