Works closely with the campaign’s medical supervisor.
– Participates in developing the activity timetable.
– Trains and supervises the logistics teams:
• Evaluates needs and participates in recruitment of logistics teams.
• Writes the job description for members of his team (logisticians, storekeepers, security guards, drivers, technicians, etc.).
• Participates in team training (theoretical and practical).
• Supervises his teams’ work.
– Participates in campaign organization, planning and monitoring meetings.
– Manages supply:
• Identifies and sets up the central storehouse.
• Organises storage and sets up management tools.
• Evaluates needs and prepares and tracks orders.
• Oversees stock management.
• Coordinates equipment preparation for the sites.
• Organizes and checks deliveries at the sites.
– Organizes and oversees the cold chain:
• Evaluates cold chain needs and sets up the active (refrigerators and freezers) and passive (cold boxes, vaccine carriers and ice packs) cold chains.
• Ensures the safety and reliability of electrical equipment.
• Makes sure that equipment is operating correctly: temperature monitoring, maintenance.
• Ensures rigorous management of the cold chain (incoming and outgoing supplies).
• Evaluates the ice needs for the campaign and organizes ice pack freezing.
• Organizes and monitors the cold chain at the sites.
– Coordinates the creation of vaccination sites:
• Participates in the selection of vaccination sites.
• Evaluates the supply/equipment needs.
• Coordinates site set-up and organization.
• Oversees the proper organization of the site.
• Ensures that the sites are cleaned up at closure.
– Organizes waste collection, storage, transport and disposal:
• Visits (or selects) the central waste disposal site.
• Evaluates needs (volumes and means) and defines the collection, transport and disposal strategy.
• Supervises the set-up and operation of the central waste disposal site.
• At the vaccination sites: supervises waste collection, temporary storage, and transport to the central disposal site (or on-site waste disposal, depending on the strategy chosen).
• Makes sure that storage and/or disposal at the sites are safe: protection of sites and personnel.
– Organizes transport:
• Evaluates needs (teams and supplies).
• Coordinates vehicle fleet organization (number, type, schedule, personnel, etc.).
• Organizes the staff briefing.
• Procures and manages fuel, lubricants and spare parts.
• Supervises vehicle maintenance.
– Organizes the communications circuit and equipment:
• Evaluates equipment needs.
• Organises the staff briefing.
• Organises communications equipment management and maintenance (telephones, radios, walkie-talkies, etc.).
– Organises and supervises the inventory and storage of materiel after the campaign.
– Participates in the final campaign evaluation and writing the final report.
– Organises safety for the logistics and medical teams: guidelines, briefing, etc.