On this page
- Spasms of the gastrointestinal tract and genitourinary tract
Forms and strengths
- 10 mg tablet
- Adult: 10 to 20 mg, to be repeated up to 3 or 4 times daily if necessary
- According to clinical response; no prolonged treatment.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
- Do not administer to patients with urethro-prostatic disorders, cardiac disorders, closed-angle glaucoma.
- May cause: urinary retention, dryness of the mouth, constipation, blurred vision, tachycardia.
- Administer with caution and under close supervision to patients taking other anticholinergic drugs (antidepressants, antipsychotics, H-1 antihistamines, antiparkinsonians, etc.).
- Administer with caution to patients with fever (may affect thermoregulation).
- Pregnancy: no contra-indication; NO PROLONGED TREATMENT
Breast-feeding: no contra-indication; NO PROLONGED TREATMENT
- Oral antispasmodic drugs are not included in the WHO list of essential medicines.
- Below 25 °C