On this page
- Mild oropharyngeal candidiasis
Forms and strengths
- 100 000 IU/ml oral suspension, bottle with calibrated dropper
Dosage and duration
- Child and adult: 100 000 IU 4 times daily (1 ml of the oral suspension 4 times daily) for 7 days
The oral suspension should be retained in the mouth for a few minutes before swallowing, or, in young children, applied to the tongue and the inside of the cheeks.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
- Take between meals (e.g. at least 30 minutes before eating).
- Shake oral suspension well before using.
- Pregnancy: no contra-indication
- Breast-feeding: no contra-indication
- Nystatin also comes in:
- 100 000 IU lozenge for the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis;
- 100 000 IU and 500 000 IU film coated tablets for the treatment of oesophageal candidiasis.
- For the treatment of moderate to severe oropharyngeal candidiasis and oesophageal candidiasis, oral fluconazole is the first-line treatment.
Below 25 °C