On this page
- Short-acting bronchodilator
- Symptomatic treatment of asthma attack
Forms and strengths
- Solution for inhalation in pressurised metered dose inhaler, 100 micrograms/puff
Dosage depends on the severity of attack and patient’s response.
For information :
- 2 to 4 puffs (up to 10 puffs depending on severity) every 10 to 30 minutes
- Shake the inhaler.
- Breathe out as completely as possible. Place the lips tightly around the mouthpiece. Inhale deeply while activating the inhaler. Hold breath 10 seconds before exhaling.
- Co-ordination between the hand and inhalation is very difficult in children under 6 years, elderly patients and patients with severe dyspnoea. Use a spacer to facilitate administration and improve the efficacy of treatment.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
- May cause: headache, tremor and tachycardia.
- In the event of bronchial infection, administer simultaneously with appropriate antibacterial treatment.
- Pregnancy: no contra-indication
- Breast-feeding: no contra-indication
- Clean the mouthpiece before and after each use.
- Do not pierce or incinerate used aerosol containers. Empty all residual gas, then bury.
- Below 25 °C