On this page
- Iodine supplementation
- Prevention and treatment of severe iodine deficiency
Forms and strengths
- 190 mg capsule of iodine
Dosage and duration
- Child under 1 year: 1 capsule (190 mg) once a year
- Child from 1 to < 6 years: 2 capsules (380 mg) once a year
- Child from 6 to 15 years: 3 capsules (570 mg) once a year
- Pregnant woman or women of childbearing age: 2 capsules (380 mg) once a year
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
- Do not administer to patients with allergy to iodine or hyperthyrodism.
- Do not administer to patients over 45 years.
- May cause: allergic reactions, dysthyroidism.
- Pregnancy: no contra-indication
- Breast-feeding: no contra-indication
- For young children, open the capsule and empty the contents into the child’s mouth.
- Also comes in 10 ml ampoules containing 480 mg/ml to be administered by IM injection using a glass syringe.
- Below 25 °C