– Spasms of the gastrointestinal tract and genitourinary tract
Forms and strengths
– 10 mg tablet
– Adult: 10 to 20 mg, to be repeated up to 3 or 4 times daily if necessary
– According to clinical response; no prolonged treatment.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
– Do not administer to patients with urethro-prostatic disorders, cardiac disorders, closed-angle glaucoma.
– May cause: urinary retention, dryness of the mouth, constipation, blurred vision, tachycardia.
– Administer with caution and under close supervision to patients taking other anticholinergic drugs (antidepressants, antipsychotics, H-1 antihistamines, antiparkinsonians, etc.).
– Administer with caution to patients with fever (may affect thermoregulation).
– Pregnancy: no contra-indication; NO PROLONGED TREATMENT
– Breast-feeding: no contra-indication; NO PROLONGED TREATMENT
– Oral antispasmodic drugs are not included in the WHO list of essential medicines.
– Storage: below 25 °C - -