– Termination of intra-uterine pregnancy up to 22 weeks after the last menstrual period, in combination with misoprostol
Forms and strengths
– 200 mg tablet
Dosage and duration
– 200 mg single dose, followed by the administration of misoprostol 1 to 2 days later
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
– Do not administer to patients with chronic adrenal failure or severe uncontrolled asthma.
– May cause: gastrointestinal disturbances, vaginal bleeding, uterine contractions, headache.
– Breast-feeding: no contra-indication for a single dose; to be avoided if multiple doses
– Do not use mifepristone in ectopic or molar pregnancy.
– Storage: below 25 °C - -