– Antispasmodic, anticholinergic drug
– Spasms of the gastrointestinal tract and genitourinary tract
Forms and strengths, route of administration
– 20 mg in 1 ml ampoule (20 mg/ml) for IM, SC or slow IV injection
– Adult: 20 to 40 mg to be repeated if necessary (max. 100 mg daily)
– According to clinical response; no prolonged treatment.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
– Do not administer to patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia, urinary retention, closed-angle glaucoma, tachycardia.
– May cause: urinary retention, dryness of the mouth, constipation, blurred vision, tachycardia (anticholinergic effects).
– Administer with caution and under close supervision:
• in the event of heart failure, coronary insufficiency, cardiac rhythm disorders, hypertension;
• to patients taking other anticholinergic drugs (antidepressants, antipsychotics, H-1 antihistamines, antiparkinsonians, etc.).
– Administer with caution to patients with fever (may affect thermoregulation).
– Pregnancy: no contra-indication; NO PROLONGED TREATMENT
– Breast-feeding: no contra-indication; NO PROLONGED TREATMENT
– Storage: below 25 °C -